What is Paintless Dent Repair?
Paintless dent repair, also known as PDR, is the fastest and most affordable way to repair dents on your vehicle. It is the process of removing any small dents and dings in your vehicle without needing to use any file or paint. Our technicians push the dent out from the back side, in order to keep the damaged area of your vehicle original and without damaging the factory paint job.
The paintless dent repair process requires extensive training on the technician’s behalf. They must use a variety of specialized tools the gently push dents and dings back into place. This job requires a delicate hand and extreme precision.
When you bring your vehicle in for paintless dent repair our technician will go through a thorough process to ensure the best quality of work is done on your vehicle. They will begin by assessing the damage if they determine that paintless dent removal is the best way to correct the damage they will choose the best entry point from which to work out the dent and then apply low-level pressure to work the dent out.
Once the dent has been removed they will review the repair and ensure that it meets all of our quality control standards.
Ogston’s Body & Paint provides quality paintless dent repair services for your car or truck and will leave your passenger car, SUV, or light truck looking better than before.
What Are The Benefits of Paintless Dent Repair?
Whether your vehicle has been hit dinged in a parking lot, damaged by hail or you were in a minor fender bender utilizing paintless dent repair to fix this type of damage is the best option. When comparing PDR to traditional dent removal methods, there are many benefits, including:
- It’s more affordable – Paintless dent removal doesn’t require the purchase of new panels or replacement paint, making it a more affordable option.
- It’s faster – Traditional dent repair is a complicated, multi-step process that requires waiting periods to get in the new parts and/or paint. PDR doesn’t require any waiting periods, which means you’ll get your car back on the road quicker.
- It helps retain your car’s resale value – Applying new paint over the factory finish reduces a vehicle’s resale value since paintless dent removal does not require painting it boosts the value of your car a bit.
Some of the most common types of damage that can be addressed by paintless dent removal include
- Door dings – Which are most commonly occur in parking lots from careless drivers or runaway shopping carts.
- Hail damage – PDR is especially great for addressing damage from hail since it typically doesn’t damage the paint.
- Small dents – The dent will have to be reviewed by one of our technicians, but in many cases, dents of various sizes can be repaired with paintless dent removal.
Green Auto Body Paint Repair
At Ogston’s Body & Paint, going green is one of our highest values. While providing quality service to our customers will always remain as our top priority, being eco-friendly is equally important. We don’t use any chemicals or hazardous materials with paintless dent removal, making it a green option for dent repair.
Additionally, our team continually works to reduce the impact we have on the environment by being conscious of how much energy we use.